Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Valley of the Sun







In March we went to Phoenix. Jeremy's dad was graduating from A.T. Still University with his doctorate, so we went to see him walk. The kids had to miss school, but by the time we reached Salt Lake Mallorie had all of her homework done (for the week). So I figured, how much was it really going to hurt them, anyway? It was so nice to get away from the snow, and enjoy some sunshine. I really miss the sunshine, especially this time of year. I feel like it gave me a boost after a long and dark winter. While there, we went swimming (in a heated pool, it was still a little cool for swimming), shopping, and hiking several times. It was just so wonderful not to worry about a coat, and so wonderful being able to spend time outside. I guess I would feel better about the cold if I were into snowmobiling or skiing, or something. It's just hard because ID is such a contrast from AZ. The weather makes me feel trapped. Some days I feel like I'm seriously suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. Maybe I should go on anti-depressants. Either that, or get a tanning bed. Anyhow, we had a really good time. While there, I also had lunch with my good friends Susan and Candy, who are like a second family to me. It was great getting to see them and catch up! It's been too long. Spending time with the family was also really fun. I miss everybody so much. These were some of the pictures from the hike. Growing up I never really thought that Phoenix was a pretty place with all of the brown dirt and cactus, but now I guess I have a greater appreciation for a sky that is actually blue and a bright sunny day. Phoenix is also a pretty clean city and you have to admit the lakes look kind of pretty too, even if they are man-made and probably filled with sewage water.

No comments: