Monday, January 7, 2008

My New Neice



My oldest brother and his wife in CA just had their first baby yesterday. They named her Anabeth, and she is so beautiful. She is the 10th grandchild for my parents. (They now have an even 5 girls and 5 boys) We have been waiting a long time for her arrival, so we are very excited. Anabeth was born yesterday a little after eleven o'clock. She did have some problems at first. Apparently she had meconium in the amniotic fluid and needed oxygen. She is off of the oxygen now and doing well. She's in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and they will be keeping her for 48 hours just in case. It's such a scary thing to have your baby in trouble. The doctor's did a spinal tap on her too, to check for spinal menangitis. Kevin called to see if they gave the twins one when they were in the NICU, but they didn't. He sounded pretty worried. It sounds like she's doing better already, though. If she's off the oxygen and feeding well then things should be okay. In the meantime we'll all be praying for little Anabeth. Isn't she soooo cute?!

4 comments:

Drea said...

Misha!! I absolutely love all of your pictures and the new baby is so precious. Tell them congrats from me! The Christmas pics of the kids are so great! I just love reading your blog!

hangel said...

Congrats on the newest family member! Miss you! Courtney

The Booher's said...

Hey Misha! I was so excited to see your blog! My family is the same 10 grandkids 5 boys and 5 girls! Your little ones are getting so big! And they are beautiful! I hope you are doing well, I am excited to keep in touch thru blogging! Love, Buffy

Natalie said...

I love the blog! And I'm so glad you live in Idaho. I will cry if you ever leave! Oh J'dee is digging your tunes- "Making love out of nothing at ALLLL!!!"