Monday, April 28, 2008

Soccer




Well, it's official, Kolby is now playing sports.  I have to admit I was a little scared for my baby boy when I first went to sign him up, and had to agree not to hold them responsible for any injuries or deaths that may occur.  But, I guess it's probably time that I learn to not worry so much.  It's just hard with him, since his birth and all of the struggles he went through just to be here with us today.  I think I tend to be a little overprotective with him.  That's just the Mommy-Monster in me I guess.  I'll be a wreck when they both start school.   But, K is loving it, even though his first practice wasn't so great.  He cried at his first practice and said that his legs were too tired.  We had to bribe him with ice cream and then we went and bought him new cleats after that.  We told him the shoes would help his legs to stay strong and not get tired.  It seemed to have worked.  He did much better the next time, and wants to show off his new shoes to anyone who comes over.  He is also very proud to tell everybody that he plays soccer.  We were at Old Navy this weekend and he told the lady there that he plays soccer.  She wasn't even really talking to us.   I think he's liking it better now that he is actually playing games too.  He was really getting competitive at his first game, and almost scored a goal.   Here are some pictures from the other day.

2 comments:

TERRI said...

THOSE SHORTS LOOK HUGE--HOPE HE DOESN'T LOSE THEM--WHAT A CUTE LITTLE SOCKER PLAYER--MISS YOU & LOVE YOU LOTS==GRANDMA

PC&Trev said...

The last picture rocks, go soccer boy.