Monday, June 30, 2008

Salt Lake Temple June 2008





Jeremy's family came out and stayed with us for two weeks.  We had such a good time.  While they were here, we went to Salt Lake, and went to the zoo and shopping.  We also went through the Salt Lake Temple.  This was the first time I had ever done a session there.  I went to Kilee and Dusty's wedding there, but had never actually done a session.  It was so cool!  It's such a beautiful temple, and it has so much history.  It amazes me to think of the pioneers, after traveling across the country (and on foot for many) immediately getting to work on building such an amazing building.  It must have been so hard, without modern tools.  It took 40 long years to build, and many of the workers didn't even live to see it's completion.  I am also amazed thinking of the many prophets that have been in that temple.  This is the temple that Jeremy's parents were sealed in, and also where Jeremy took out his own endowments.  It was a good experience, and I'm so glad I got to go.

No comments: