Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girl's Camp






Camp was so much fun this year.  I'm really glad I got the opportunity to go, and I truly love all of our girls.  I just think we have the best girls in our ward.  They are all so helpful and nice to each other, and so much fun.  I love being in YW with them.  This year was stake camp, and we went to Camp Cumorah.  It was a really nice campground.  There were real showers and toilets, and nice paths, and tent pads, as well as a paved eating area at each ward's site with picnic tables.  Peggy and Janet did so good.  Those two just amaze me.  Peggy's food was to die for.  I thought maybe I'd lose a couple of pounds after hiking and "roughing" it for the week, but I think I actually put on a couple with all of the good food.  Janet is so talented and such a good teacher.  Each night she gave the best devotionals and always had cute little handouts and treats to go along with them.  She also brought all kinds of pedicure stuff for after the hike.  So the girls all got a little pampered.  It hardly felt like camping.  Hopefully they really felt that they were "Born to Be a Queen."

1 comment:

snakeriverwalton said...

I'm trying to look into Camp Cumorah for our girls in 2009. Can you tell me any information? I can't find anything but blog reports on the web. rajrswalton@mstarmetro.net Thanks