Monday, September 22, 2008

Dreading the Winter






Today is the first day of Fall, and what a joy it was to bundle the kids up for school this morning.  It was so cold!  I am seriously dreading this winter.  I really hope it doesn't snow as much as it did last year.  I guess I'm not ready for summer to be over just yet, because I felt like we didn't have a very long one this year.  Getting snow in June really sucks.  I'm not ready for my garden to die and the leaves to fall off the trees so they can look ugly.  Snow is beautiful, but when it's dirty, mushy snow.... not so beautiful.  So here are some pictures of my garden and some of my harvest.  Gees, I am such a pioneer woman!  Or maybe Amish.  I don't know, but I love it.  I really look forward to gardening every year, and I miss it in the winter, when I can't go outside, because the wind will blow my teeth out of my head and freeze my nose hairs.   

2 comments:

TERRI said...

The squash and strawberries look so good/ makes me want to just hop in my car and take another road trip!! miss you!! love, mom

Carca said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything looks sooo good!!!!!