Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Beginnings Program







Christtina has told me it has been a while since I've posted anything on here, so I guess I've been slacking.  It has been a crazy month with Jeremy's Blue and Gold Banquet for scouts, Valentine's Day, our anniversary, and all of the Young Women activities this month.  We had our annual Young at Heart dinner for Valentine's Day, which was very nice, and then we just had our New Beginnings program to welcome the new girls last Tuesday night.  This year's theme was "Life Is a Canvas, Paint Yours a Masterpiece."  It was so nice.  I work with some truly creative and gifted people, and I just adore all of my friends that I serve with.  It is so much fun being a part of that program, that it doesn't seem like it is work at all.  I also love and adore all of the girls, and want to help them become the masterpieces that I know they are capable of becoming.  Here are some of the pictures from our New Beginnings night.  We set up ladders with paint buckets on each step.  In each bucket was a different colored tissue paper to represent all seven of the YW Values.  Then we set up tables with each value.  My table was good works (yellow), and finally we had fruit tarts for dessert with colored (one for each value) fruit topping. 

2 comments:

Drea said...

Wow, the tables are gorgeous! I love the picture of all of you in the aprons!

Natalie said...

I was wondering what was happening with you blog? I was afraid you were just packing up for Arizona and sunshine! Anyways, love the new post and pictures!