Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Kolby and Mallorie






The kids had a fun birthday celebration at Leo's Place. They weren't too disappointed about not having friends there. I was a little worried about Mal, since she had said that she didn't even want presents this year, she just wanted her friends to come to her party. But, I think it was enough to have their Grandma and Papa there. Once they got to our house she didn't complain any more. We had pizza, opened presents, and the kids played games. Then we came home for cake. This year Kolby wanted a chocolate cake with cherries on top, and Mallorie wanted a cheesecake with strawberries on top. I thought they'd want the traditional character cake, but I guess my kids go for the taste rather than cartoon stuff - smart kids I tell you. All in all, it was my kind of party. Very low-key and stress-free. We had a great visit with my parents. We only wish the weather could have been better. While they were here, we drove to Rexburg and saw the new temple, went out to eat, went shopping, and watched lots of Lost. They brought all three seasons on DVD, so we watched all of Season One, and half of Season Two. I think I am addicted (thanks mom and dad). Now I'm all caught up and hating having to wait for a new episode each Thursday. I'm also not liking the commercials. That's one nice thing about having the episodes on dvd. Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids birthday.

4 comments:

PC&Trev said...

I love that they each got their own HUGE Cake. The pictures of Mallorie looking in to the box are so cute. Her hair is getting so long. I miss you guys!

Natalie said...

I love the new post! I always love checking your blog and seeing new post! Your the best and you have the cutest kids ever~!

Angie said...

So you're hooked on Lost now huh? Isn't TV on dvd the best? Looks like they had a great birthday:)

Drea said...

What a nice mom to have 2 cakes! I can't believe how big they are getting. Glad you guys had a fun visit with your mom and dad!