Friday, July 25, 2008

Barbecue and Volleyball








  We had a really good neighborhood garage sale on Saturday.  We sold all of the big things we needed to get rid of and made quite a bit of money.  It's always nice making money on stuff you don't want anymore.  Plus our garage is nice and clean now.  After our garage sale, our neighbors decided we should all have dinner together, and somehow we got suckered into having it at our house.  It was so much fun!  I just wish our deck was finished, though.  We just recently got a volleyball net, so there were some pretty intense games.   For dinner we had steak, Oriental Chicken Salad (mmm) and lots of hot dogs (eeww- J got TONS of hot dogs from work, so I'm so sick of them).  Our friend, Eric (who used to own Sato's Restaurant) showed us some secrets to grilling and I got the recipe for his salad too.  I made home-made ice-cream and peach cobbler for dessert, and Natalie made this wonderful cheesecake trifle.  It was absolutely delicious!  I think I'm getting hungry thinking about all of this food.  My Lean Cuisines just aren't very filling.  After it got dark, and all of the kids and moms went home, the boys set out some extra lights, and played more volleyball until it was pretty late.  We had such a good time we are ready to do it again, and I think Jeremy is ready for a re-match.

1 comment:

PC&Trev said...

Your neighborhood reminds me of "Leave it to Beaver". It just seems too perfect. I like the hose, peeing picture. hahahah